Saturday, September 02, 2017

love's been a little bit hard on me

Today was a highly variable day. That, in immediate retrospect, sounds a little bizarre, but let's just roll with it.

I spent most of the day in a very unvaried way, actually...I spent basically the entire day in the kitchen, talking to family members. I woke up and had coffee and breakfast with my parents, and while breakfast was happening, [censored] showed up. [Censored] was followed shortly thereafter by Aunt B, who was down to visit Gram, her bees, and us (I have no idea what order of preference she had, but in my reality she was happy to see us). So we sat around and talked until it was time for her to go back to Des Moines - I'll see her again in Denver, but it was great to see her now.

After she left, I spent some quality time hanging out in the kitchen, and eventually [censored] and I watched a lot of [censored] until it was time for supper. Mom made a super tasty dinner - a new york strip roast with the same crust as prime rib (yum), sweet corn, and potato salad - which we all enjoyed tremendously. Then we squeezed in two games of Ticket to Ride - Dad won the first and Mom won the second, and I realized that I've probably spent 200-300 hours of my life staring at an upside-down map of the US since both Rail Baron and Ticket to Ride are based on US maps and I always sit on the north side of the map. Great use of time, eh?

Then it was almost time for bed, but [censored] somehow [censored] a fucking [CENSORED] with my mesh [censored] in the [censored], which really livened things up. So now I need to somehow try and sleep without wondering whether [censored] is waiting for me outside my [censored], which may be difficult since I've gone soft from city living.

But I'll be returning to city living soon enough - I think I'm leaving for Denver on Tuesday, which means I should sleep so I can pack tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: