Sunday, September 24, 2017

isn't that the way they say it goes...well let's forget all that

I had a great day in Colorado - even if it was cold and misty and a prelude to much worse to come. This will be the first real winter of my adult life, and I'm not sure I'm ready for it. My spirit is, but my body...totally unclear.

Anyway. I woke up to the dulcet tones of children's shrieks, and then had breakfast with Katie, James, and the girls (I should have put James first, since he made it). I also chatted with Katie for much longer than I should have, but not nearly long enough given that I was gone for a week and will be gone again starting tomorrow. My current plan is to sleep in my own place starting tomorrow night - I'm getting a sofa and a mattress delivered, which means it's theoretically possible.

Of course, it won't be nearly as comfortable as here - but I'm so beyond excited to have my own place again. I went up there for awhile this afternoon (after dropping $500 at Target - things add up quickly when you need all new cleaning supplies, towels, a laundry drying rack, paper goods, etc., etc., etc.) - I spent some quality time doing a couple of loads of laundry and organizing all the stuff that I'd hauled in from my car. I think it's going to be a great place once I get settled - and even before I get settled, it's bright enough and peaceful enough that I wasn't missing my lamps or my music.

So, that was all exciting. I also took a break to talk to my parents, who seemed to be in good form. Then I sped back to Katie's, where I was late for supper, but that just meant that I missed out on most of the wine (good thing, since I had to trim my bangs tonight). She made an awesome risotto from one of the Barefoot Contessa cookbooks, which I thought was super delish, and we generally hung out and talked until it was time for the girls to go to bed.

And now that I've taken care of a few things online for the first time in ages, it's time to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: