Tuesday, October 03, 2017

i don't know, but i've been told...you never slow down, you never grow old

All the news was horrible today, but I mostly tried (with limited success) to ignore it so that I could get some work done. Of course, it didn't help that I didn't wake up until 9:30 (a feat I'm likely to replicate or worsen tomorrow, since I won't be asleep until at least 2:30am tonight). So I spent the morning over at the other house making coffee and talking to the people there. Then I came back here and talked to my sister for awhile, since I hadn't talked to her on her birthday. Then I ate lunch (avocado toast ftw), and then I actually wrote a couple of pages of my young adult fantasy, which might turn out to be a decent book if I ever finish it - but two pages was totally wonderful after two months without writing (and two+ years without working on this project), so I'll take it.

But I sloughed off early so that I could go to the grocery store with the Barbaras - I needed to buy groceries since it was my turn to cook, and they both wanted a break. When we got back, I proceeded to make chicken tortilla soup - I made a triple batch since we all love it, so that involved a lot of chopping, but it was #worthit.

Tonight turned into a two-bottle night, though - I shared both bottles with others, but we went deep and frequent on politics and it was all kinda a lot. But I ended the night with a long, quiet, lovely conversation with Anne, since we're the troublemakers most likely to stay up all night, so that was great.

And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: