Wednesday, October 25, 2017

you better run for the hills before they burn

Today felt endless - I woke up this morning, was at the office by 8:30 (okay, 8:34), and was in meetings all morning/early afternoon. However, one of those meetings was a three-hour training that I could listen to from my desk, which I promptly used as a block to do some of my crazy involved expense reports, etc.

But I skipped out at 2:50 to have coffee with a friend of Natasha's who is looking for a job - and that turned into a cocktail across the street, since we had a lot to talk about (and I'm desperate for friends). Then I went back to work for one final meeting, then went to Walgreens to stock up on things for my respiratory/digestive/reproductive tracts (India requires inhalers, antibiotics, immodium, etc., along with ear plugs and face wipes and emergenc-y and my usual birth control).

By the time I got home I just wanted to crash, but I forced myself to finish unpacking my kitchen - and now it looks awesome, so I'm glad I did. Of course, I still have empty boxes everywhere in the dining area, and the living room is still a mess - but perhaps I'll take care of that tomorrow night. It would be ideal if the downstairs was in some semblance of order by the time I leave, but I'm making no promises.

Then, at 10:30, I did a bit more work, which turned into an hour and a half of slogging. This is my fault for not setting better boundaries...or for being too interested in the job and wanting to get to know it better, which is perhaps beginning to be too much to the detriment of the rest of my life. But we all know I tend to be a bit all-or-nothing with my focus, and at the moment, I'm all-in on this.

Now, though, I need to be all-in on sleep - goodnight!

No comments: