Sunday, October 30, 2005

jetlag is my enemy

I woke up at seven a.m., decided this was silly, and went back to bed for what I thought would be an hour or so. Instead, I slept uninterrupted until nearly five p.m. I have no idea how that happened--I went to bed before two a.m. last night, which means that I slept for fifteen hours. Even better, it's the end of daylight savings time tonight, and so the clock is very unfairly changing yet again.

Anyway, welcome to my pseudo-new blog; I can't promise that I will post every single night, like I tried to do in Hyderabad, but I will do my best. I've been home less than a week, but I need to start figuring out what the next step is--I'm excited to take on different projects at work, and I should definitely unpack and put my life back in order at home. To encourage this, I baked chocolate chip chewies tonight, which should earn at least a little bit of love from my roommates (who suffered the same chocolate chip chewy drought as I did, although mine was exacerbated by the vast quantities of Indian food served in the cafeteria at work). I also read part of a romance novel, and so the combination of those two activities indicates that I am almost fully reacclimated to my American life.

No comments: