Thursday, November 08, 2012

the king of wishful thinking

I have to say that I am not excited about getting on a plane tomorrow - perhaps I would be, but given that I have barely recovered from Lauren and Nathan's wedding, I'm not super psyched about spending a second weekend in hyped up extrovert mode. And yet I find that I must do exactly that; I think this reader conference will be really good, both because I will meet other readers and because I hope to spend some time hanging out with other authors. Still, given that I'm behind on Nick and Ellie, I want to spend a weekend talking to people about as much as I want to stab myself in the face with a butter knife.

But, c'est la vie. I'm all packed up and ready to go, with two suitcases (mostly full of books) and grand plans to write on the plane. The suitcases are so full of books that I could have easily done just a carry-on if I didn't have any books, but this is the life of a traveling writer/salesman. Beyond the packing, the rest of my day was good; I took care of stuff around the house this morning and spent the afternoon running errands (including returning the shoes I had planned to wear at Lauren's wedding and promptly blowing the refund on unmentionables). When I got home, Terry was already here, and so we watched 'The Daily Show' and discussed life while she forced me to ice the knee that I mysteriously injured at the wedding. And now, alas, I should sleep. My flight is at 10:30am, which is positively civilized compared to 5:30am, but since I have to drive to the airport during rush hour, I should probably get some sleep so I can get up early. Goodnight!

No comments: