Wednesday, June 07, 2017

i think that i'm feelin' the vibe, i see the love in her eyes

Too tired to blog, but today was a great day. I got up at eight and promptly went on a long walk with Sherry, which we mostly spent talking about food (making me v. hungry) and trying to maximize time in the shade (since it was hot and getting hotter by the second). When we got home, she made us crepes for breakfast (yum!), and then I did a couple of hours of work before eventually taking a shower.

Then, she and her son and I went for lunch at a place called Ski Shores, which overlooks a big river and serves up all-American fried deliciousness. I really enjoyed hanging out there - the deck was right over the water, but shaded so that we weren't dying, and there were all sorts of huge fish (maybe bass?) and a bunch of turtles hanging out hoping that we would throw food to them (which Sherry's son obliged).

When we got back to the house, I procrastinated, then took a nap, but I spent a solid three hours taking care of a dumb admin task that I'd been putting off forever, so I'm glad for that. And then I spent the rest of the evening hanging out and talking about industry stuff with Sherry (and India and China and a bunch of other subjects with her and her husband). But now my visit is sadly drawing to a close - tomorrow it's on to the next part of Texas for the next adventure, so I should get some sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: