Wednesday, June 14, 2017

please don't take him just because you can

I actually wrote today. Yes, I'm shocked too. I'm slowly triangulating around who these new characters are and what they might care about and what their voices sound like, and so I wrote some stuff to see where it would go. Most of it was on the back patio this afternoon, but I even wrote for another half hour in bed tonight, so I guess I'm excited about it? (knock on wood)

Beyond that, the rest of my day was good - I woke up to my alarm at eight and promptly turned it off and slept until nine. Then I spent the morning procrastinating and watching news coverage before spending the afternoon writing/doing laundry/arguing. I also spent a couple of hours doing other admin work, which was good. And I ended the day with a delicious smalltownlife meal: bratwurst, scalloped potatoes, and baked beans, cooked by my mother (and father, since he had to grill the brats). The post-dinner scenery was also worth examining -- we watched a deer (buck, since he had the beginnings of a nice rack, which is a different kind of nice rack than you think of in cities) slowly, for whatever reason, follow our cat from the field to our yard, where he encountered a wild turkey wandering in the other direction. They all seemed entirely unfazed by this, so maybe they're friends? I'm guessing they would have been less excited to see a coyote or a fox, though, so I doubt that this kind of harmony prevails in all the nooks and crannies around us....

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: