Thursday, July 27, 2006

and the memories of me will feel more like bad dreams

I had a really good day today, all things considered; the 'things considered' would include that I got here at seven a.m. and left at seven p.m. But, in between, I had lunch with Claude, Vidya, and Matt, thus combining two previously-distinct areas of my life. Vidya and I grabbed some frozen yogurt from the new frozen yogurt machine in my building's cafeteria, which was pretty sweet (literally! har har). I also confirmed the order of a patio set from Crate and Barrel (ridiculous--but I ended up getting the floor model, which saved some serious cash that I can now use on other silly purchases). They solved the dilemma that I discussed in excruciating detail yesterday by finding the same set at a Crate and Barrel a little farther away, which could provide delivery sometime next week. Between the movers arriving on Sunday, the patio furniture and the Comcast guy arriving on Tuesday, and the TV that I intend to buy in the next couple of weeks, my new apartment is really taking shape! None too soon, either; I'm getting tired of sleeping on an air mattress and spending all of my time at the office out of sheer boredom.

Tonight, I had sushi with Claude, and we ended up catching up for a couple of hours as the remnants of eel and crunchy crab slowly became less appetizing in front of us. It was really nice; I hadn't had the chance to see her by herself for much time since I got back to California (which was less than two weeks ago, shocker). I really do have my life back now, which is great. Now, I'm going to go back to my unfurnished apartment, curl up on my air mattress, and sleep until it's time to get up for my 7:30am conference call. Then it's the weekend, and I can't wait! I'm going to sleep in until at least nine on Saturday, and it's going to rock. Goodnight!

No comments: