Monday, July 31, 2006

haemoglobin is the key

According to my handy-dandy spreadsheet, which contains a detailed list of everything that resided in storage for the past few months, I have the following things yet to unpack:

* three tubs of clothing
* two tubs of bedding
* my stereo
* one box of books and journals
* two boxes of shoes
* seven boxes of random decorations and mementos
* two boxes of electronics
* one box of DVD cases
* one box of hair styling equipment (replete with pink beehive wig)
* two boxes of random stuff

This all seems like a lot, but I've successfully unpacked all of my kitchen stuff, put up my ridiculously-frustrating Ikea shelves, and unpacked nine boxes of books. The apartment is quickly taking shape!

In other news, I had a great idea for a book today, but I'm not going to share it with you--you'll have to wait until it gets published, so don't hold your breath :) I also had an impromptu, v. nice lunch with Subz (real name: Lauren) today; I'm still surprised that so many of my 'summer friends' from India turned into real friends, and so I'm reveling in my suddenly-expanded friendship base. They're all about as crazy as my 'real' friends, so it's no wonder that I developed such a strong bond with them--you have to be slightly insane to agree to move to India for 6+ months. Speaking of India, I'm leaving for that lovely place in less than two weeks! I can't freaking wait.

Now I suppose I should go to bed so that I can drag myself out of my lovely bed at six a.m. and enjoy a morning full of conference calls. I can't complain too much, though, since I'll have to leave around noon to come back to the apartment and wait for the Comcast guy. Consequently, tomorrow should be a v. good day. Goodnight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She has trouble acting normal when shes nervous

Anonymous said...

Now my feet don't touch the ground

Sara said...

Excellent work, Daddy! I'm v. impressed. Unless you just got lucky because you were referring to the fact that my feet no longer touch the ground now that I have couches and a bed to sit on (and I'm short).

Anonymous said...

A random act of poetry:

THE WORLD IS TOO MUCH WITH US
William Wordsworth (1770-1850)

The world is too much with us: late and soon,
Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers:
Little we see in Nature that is ours;
We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon!
This Sea that bares her bosom to the moon;
The winds that will be howling at all hours,
And are up-gathered now like sleeping flowers;
For this, for everything, we are out of tune;
It moves us not. -- Great God! I'd rather be
A Pagan suckled in a creed outworn;
So might I, standing on this pleasant lea,
Have glimpses that would make me less forlorn;
Have sight of Proteus rising from the sea;
Or hear old Triton blow his wreathèd horn.

f...... said...

i'm such a dumbass. I slept much too much and didn't catch your invite to have a cuppa tea in your new apartment. I am very jealous because it sounds like your place is really going to resemble the abode of a responsible adult with good taste in furniture, kitchen wares, and the like.

I'm off to run away to Boston tomorrow :( so please share pictures!

p.s. the giants suck for losing 9 in a row. but it wasn't any fun to mock them (as politely as possible) without you.