Sunday, December 14, 2008

return of the chandlord

Chandlord is currently sitting on my couch with me; we are recovering in the aftermath of the first annual Chandlord Festival that I hosted at my/our apartment tonight. Apparently the Chandlord Festival includes rituals such as creating a Mii for each person at the party, and performing really poorly while playing Rock Band. Before the party descended into complete aural hell, it was quite lovely -- Adit, Vidya and Katrina showed up within a short period of time and we hung out in a laid-back way, and then Oniel, Kathryn, Tom, Julie, Shari, and two of Shari's friends showed up separately two hours late. I made four pizzas, a greek salad, cookies, and lemon cake; the pizza and salad were in appropriate quantities, but as usual I went overboard on dessert, so hopefully Chandlord will take some home with her tomorrow!

So today was a lovely day! I v. much like my friends, and I tend to prefer social gatherings that revolve around hanging out and eating rather than those that involve alcohol, pounding music, and strangers. Granted, the music at my party was bad -- I tried to be culturally-inclusive by creating a Pandora mix of Christmas, Hannukah, and bhangra music, but it was just terrible. But all in all, it was a smashing success! And Chandlord will still be here when I get back from Christmas in Iowa, so we shall see each other again before she returns to the beast coast.

Okay, I have to be at work by eight tomorrow morning, which is going to come much too fast. Goodnight!

No comments: