Tuesday, December 16, 2008

i could fall into the arms of anyone but you now

Today was generally excellent. It rained heavily throughout my commute, making me fifteen minutes late for my 7:30am meeting -- and so I decided to skip the whole thing and work instead, which was a key decision because it gave me over two uninterrupted work hours. Even though they ended up being interrupted by a fun/depressing conversation with my friend Joy, I managed to scrape the bottom of my email inbox -- I'm down to nineteen emails, and I haven't seen a number that low in weeks. It brightened my whole week, which is a rather sad and pathetic thing to say.

I had another bright spot -- Chandlord came for lunch, and it gave us a chance to catch up in a one-on-one format, sans the awful caterwauling we experienced from our fellow Rock Band players on Sunday. As usual, it was v. lowely to see her (and no, 'v. lowely' isn't a typo). While I adore living in her apartment, I would rather have her here, so hopefully we will live in the same general vicinity again someday! I also got to see Katrina for a few minutes, since she works in the same building as my favorite cafe, but I had to abandon them to their fun for another string of meetings.

I left work at 4:30, but by the time I got home and ran a couple of errands, I was too exhausted to rally and go to a bar for drinks with two of my work friends (Sarah and Shawn) who are moving to Singapore :( I feel lame, but I would have felt lamer if I fell asleep in a cab and got taken for a $70 tour of the city, so I think I made the right decision. And now, even though it's 9:30pm and my youth is slipping away from me, I'm going to go to bed -- I have another 8am meeting tomorrow that I can't be late for, so I should get some sleep.

But finally, I leave you with this picture that Katrina took of me and Adit at the holiday party on Friday. I was tipsy but not falling-down drunk -- and I always smile in photos, despite Adit's tendency to look too-cool-for-school:





Doesn't he look stylish? And for once, I feel like I *almost* held my own with him (almost).

No comments: