Friday, October 01, 2004

i'll be your platform shoes, undo what heredity's done to you

I'm so tired. Joanna's birthday party was loads and loads of fun, and I have no regrets about going...but going to bed at three is awfully sad when you have to go to work and can't take an afternoon nap. But when I left work, rather than come home and take a nap, I went shopping. It's quickly turning to fall outside, and my winter clothes were feeling shabby (even though they probably aren't--but I'm in a pink mood, and most of my winter clothes are red). I got a cute pair of pink corduroys, which I just did a quick-and-dirty hem job on (my mother would not be impressed, since I just folded the cuffs under twice and basted them together, but they're remarkably even) so that I can wear them to work tomorrow. Yay. Unfortunately, I had to skip Tom's birthday party, since I still had two hours of work to do when I got home and I was far too tired to drive back to campus :( I'm rather ashamed that I didn't go, since Tom's such a great person...but hopefully he won't remember whether I was there or not, since he turned 21 today.

Anyway, I should go to bed, but I'm trying to write here frequently and I don't want to fall off the bandwagon. Tomorrow--reunion dinner in FloMo. Yay! But first, many hours of work. Not so yay. But I'm liking work a lot right now, so that's a yay. So I guess things are balancing out somewhere between 'happy' and 'euphoric'. Katie--don't worry, I'm not on one of my 'life is beautiful' moments, but I'm sure you'll be able to read between the lines to figure out when I hit it and when the aftermath occurs :)

No comments: