Thursday, September 30, 2004

the chemicals between us

I realized at work today that I either a) can't stand the taste of tea in a paper cup, or b) can't stand organic, non-chemically-processed teas. Like everything else at work, the tea is all organic, certified, fair trade, etc....and to me it just doesn't seem quite as good. I guess I like my formaldahyde, or whatever they use.

Today is Joanna's birthday (yay!), and so I baked a cake and took it over to Lag at midnight. Several of us hung out there for almost two hours, which was v. fun, but now I'm extremely tired and basically screwed as far as work goes tomorrow. But, since I've been getting ten or eleven hours of sleep a night, I can surely pull things off tomorrow. It was great to see everyone again, and some of us are having dinner in Loro/Gavilan on Friday, which should be a blast. I can't wait to scare any hapless freshmen who happen to wander through our craziness.

Time is just flying by; and I have plans tomorrow night, and dinner Friday night, and the beach/watching 'Dodgeball' on Sunday, and so I'm keeping v. busy. Now that people are back at Stanford, I have endless excuses to hang out. However, it's always slightly embarrassing when I have to confess my dirty secret, which is that I graduated a year ago--like tonight, when one of Joanna's freshman dormmates stopped at the door and took a piece of cake, and he was like, 'where did you get the eggs?!' and I said, 'I graduated a year and a half ago.' Sadness. Well whatever, I don't want to grow up, and my tastes don't really veer towards wine tastings and bars and other things that mid-twenties people do, so I guess I'll stick with making cakes and playing mafia and gossipping about classes and relationships and engaging in crazy conversation. It's a way better use of my time--I'll have time for bars and wine tastings and mature activities when I move away from here and have to make new friends. Wheeeeee.

No comments: