Tuesday, January 10, 2006

mmm...chalupas

Tonight, Sri and I went to the glorious restaurant known as Taco Bell, where I had not one, but *two* baja chicken chalupas. Mmmmmm. Actually, I had the second chalupa in the movie theatre, since I talked too much while eating the first one and so made us almost late for the movie. And which movie did we see, you may ask? We saw 'Syriana', which I liked quite a bit. Granted, there were some moments when I wished that Matt Damon would stop being ineffectual and start killing people, but overall I liked it. Like 'Munich' it was frustrating because it seemed that most of the actions of the characters were completely futile; unlike 'Munich', it seemed that the only reason that anyone had for rationalizing their bad behavior was personal greed. Oh, well, I could use some personal greed right now, since I just spent several hundred dollars getting my brakes fixed--the good news is that they no longer squeal when I apply pressure, but the bad news is that I am annoyed that I went shopping yesterday. But, life goes on, especially since now I won't have a catastrophic brake malfunction. And, hanging out with Sri immediately made me feel better, since he's v. amusing.

Today was my first day in my new office, and it was lovely. As mentioned before, I actually have a real office; it has floor-to-ceiling windows, so I get tons of natural light. The bathroom contains those crazy Japanese toilets with the heated seats and the aquatechnics that will clean you automatically if you let them, but I haven't worked up the courage or the desire to try them. Given past tendencies, I'm sure that I'll lose my lovely office at some point in the near future--this is approximately my eleventh desk switch in the past two and a half years, and I'm actually kinda far below average in that respect. As a veteran of the move game, I didn't bother to unpack everything, and I kept the boxes so that I can pack them up again when the time comes. Now it's time for bed so that I can get to the office early and then get out before the air becomes superheated and roasts my flesh (like that crazy volcano planet Crematoria in 'The Chronicles of Riddick'--actually, nothing at all like that, because that was the lamest thing I've ever seen). Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uncle says:
If you can make spring break in Eire search for Dublin St Patrick Festival 2006. At their website checkout the Denny treasure hunt for Saturday, March 18. You are registered as a member of Team Iowa, if you can make it. Dublin City Hall at noon. Team Iowa will carry on without you should you be unable to go.