Wednesday, December 13, 2006

there will be no dawn for men

As my more 'Lord of the Rings'-savvy readers will doubtlessly guess, I came home and watched the second half of 'The Two Towers' tonight. I think it's my favorite of the three, if only because of the Helm's Deep sequence, although I do like the Mines of Moria sequence in the first movie, and the Cracks of Doom sequence in the third. Anyway, I meant to work when I got home, but I thought that I could use the break--I was at work until seven, when I took a break for coffee with some of my coworkers, then went back to the office and had a conference call with Jogi at 8:30. I got home around 9:45, made a cake, and cooked some delectable scrambled eggs for a late dinner. I started watching the movie with the intention of working with it in the background, but I hadn't watched it in months (since I made Tammy watch it with me last spring, actually), and so I got sucked into paying attention. Damn. Oh, well, I shall just have to go into work early tomorrow and try to accomplish some stuff.

I was saddened to read Blender's list of the fifty worst artists in music history, if only because it confirmed my bad taste--many of them make frequent appearances on my playlists, and some are at the v. top of my favorites lists. However, I lik that their list skips #38--that makes me really happy, because I can clearly disregard everything they say. I've linked to the article here; the ones that I listen to are listed below:

47) Goo Goo Dolls ('Name', 'Slide', 'Long Way Down', 'Give a Little Bit', etc.)
46) The Spin Doctors ('Two Princes', 'Little Miss Can't Be Wrong')
40) Blind Melon ('No Rain')
36) 98 Degrees ('The Hardest Thing' - yes, I'm lame)
35) Paul Oakenfold ('Starry-Eyed Surprise')
34) Live ('Lighting Crashes', 'Selling the Drama', 'Hero of Love', 'Overcome')
30) Richard Marx ('Right Here Waiting')
29) Skinny Puppy (okay, this is Claude's style of music, but after I got over being scared of her, Skinny Puppy kind of grew on me)
28) Crash Test Dummies ('Mmm mmm mmm mmm')
24) Bad English ('When I See You Smile')
7) Asia ('Heat of the Moment' - one of my absolute favorite songs)
6) Kansas ('Dust in the Wind')
5) Starship ('We Built this City' - amazing!)

13/50 - that's essentially 25%. Sadness.

On that note, I should go to sleep so that I can get up at a decent time and go to work--wish me luck!

No comments: