Thursday, February 22, 2007

bai ling makes me vomit

No, Bai Ling is not some strange form of dim sum. Instead, she's this crazy Asian model/drugwhore who shows up at premieres looking ridiculous. Apparently she's an actress-slash-model--she was on 'Lost' tonight in Jack's flashback scenes. Ugh! She's really a terrible actress; by comparison, Jack was almost not annoying in his tendency towards weepiness. Anyway, despite the questionable casting of Bai Ling, I liked tonight's episode well enough; I had trouble concentrating because I was trying to write a v. difficult email, but I'm still interested in the show.

Today was completely freakin' exhausting; I made it to the office by 7:30am, and got home early (!) at 9:45pm. I spent the entire day in San Francisco at our management offsite. It was actually very good, although now I'm thinking in all sorts of corporate-speak; we talked a lot about the differences between players and victims, owning your feedback, pushing back and renegotiating commitments, etc. It's days like today that motivate me to work 12-15 hour days, even when the little part of my soul that wants to get out of business is screaming inside. It will be interesting to see how I adjust to my added responsibilities--I will either get so psyched that I'll work all the time, or I'll burn out, curl up into a ball, and cry. We shall see, we shall see. Now, though, I should go to bed, since I have to be at work early again tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: