Wednesday, February 07, 2007

false economies

I should have been in bed hours ago, particularly since I didn't sleep so well last night--I could have had eight or nine hours of sleep, but instead I woke up retching at seven a.m. and alternated between napping and vomiting until nine-thirty or so. By then I was feeling much better (or rather, I felt miserable rather than dead), so I took a shower, packed, and made it out of the hotel by 10:30. I stopped for a late breakfast/early lunch around 11ish when I went through Truckee, then enjoyed my drive back to the coast. I don't know why I tend to get sick the morning after drinking, rather than the night of; clearly I wasn't out of it last night, since I remember the entire evening pretty clearly, made it to my room under my own power, blogged without a lot of typos (and with the correct use of 'equanimity'), and slept rather than passed out, so it didn't really seem fair that I felt so wretched this morning. Then again, since it was one of those nights where I had seven vodka/cranberries and a couple of other random drinks, I probably got exactly what I deserved.

I made a quick stop at the Tracy outlet mall to see if I could find my dinner plate pattern, since I only have service for eight and could really use service for twelve, but the woman there told me that it was discontinued. Happily, when I came home I looked it up on the Corelle website, and they still sell the sixteen-piece set that comes w/four dinner plates, four bowls, four bread plates, and four mugs. Four more mugs is completely unnecessary, since that puts my total mug collection at at least twenty, but I guess that means I can have a massive tea party. So, I ordered a set, and this will put to rest my desire to buy new dinnerware just because I can't get extra plates in this pattern. Yes, I'm ridiculous.

I meant to work tonight; instead, I started to do my taxes, then got a call from Shedletsky w/an invite to dinner. It turns out that today was his birthday, so a bunch of us went to Compadres and had a smashingly good (and thankfully sober) time. Then, we went back to his place and played a board game (which I sucked at), and I took my leave of them around midnight. I think that I got suckered into playing mafia/circle of death on Friday, which promises to be awesome, so I should take care of myself then next few days to make sure that I'm in peak condition for what promises to be a raucous evening.

On that note, I should really go to bed--I have to go to work tomorrow and slog my heart out to get caught up on all of the things I missed while boycotting email over the weekend and the ski trip. Goodnight!

No comments: