Tuesday, February 13, 2007

put the blame on vcr

I made it to work this morning and survived nine hours of meetings (actually, 8 hours of meetings, plus one nice 45-minute chunk in which I ate lunch and checked my email). Then, I met my friend/coworker Sarah at a tapas restaurant (Iberia) in Menlo Park for dinner. We've both been so busy/overscheduled/sick/whatever that we've rescheduled on each other approximately four times, but we managed to pull it together for dinner tonight. I love that tapas place; in particular, they have these chorizo-stuffed, bacon-wrapped figs that are out of this world, and may actually be the single most perfect bite of something that you can ever taste. They are perfectly balanced between the sweet of the figs, the spice of the chorizo, and the salt/fat of the bacon--heaven!

Anyway, we had a good time catching up for a couple of hours; I never see her anymore because she switched departments, and while we ran into each other at the ski trip last week, we didn't exactly have a real conversation (or if we did, it's faded into a pleasant, vodka-y haze). Then, I came home, talked to Claude online for a bit, figured out what I'm making for dinner tomorrow night, went to the grocery store, came home, made a lemon cake, and then started working. Now, it's almost 1:30am, and I desperately need to sleep; tomorrow promises more of the same as today, except it will culminate in 'family time', in which my friends will invade my house to partake of some delicious foodstuffs and discuss all manner of ridiculous things. Yay for friends...and now, goodnight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

?Como se dice figs en espanol? Tambien, ?como se llama los "figos" con chorizo y tocino?

Anonymous said...

and also, whatever happened to fig?

Anonymous said...

Figs are called higos in Spanish. This mix of figs, bacon and chorizo is variously called higos de cielo (heavenly figs) or higos dulces (sweet figs) where I found recipes online. So what name is used at Restaurante Iberia?