Monday, December 10, 2007

come on feel the noise

Hello, friends. I have returned safely from Hyderabad, India, after a v. long and v. annoying flight back. I landed Saturday afternoon, took a nap for a few hours, and then dressed myself up and took Oniel to my company's holiday party. It was quite nice, although I was too sick to truly enjoy it, but I did enjoy Oniel's reaction to my company's over-the-top approach to festivities. After coming home, I slept for fourteen hours, had 'brunch' (at 2pm) at Mike's Cafe, came home, took a nap, and then caught up on Tivo the rest of the night.

Today, I woke up still suffering from the ravages of the cold that I came down with in Hyderabad, and so I called in sick. I watched some television in the morning, slept for three hours in the afternoon, and did some laundry. After talking to my parents tonight, I decided to go to the grocery store to get some stuff for a potluck we're having at work tomorrow afternoon, but my efforts to leave the house may have been overzealous - I felt v. weak in the grocery store, and now have a smashing headache, so we'll see if I make it into the office tomorrow. However, I just counted, and I only have 31 working days left before I go on leave! Even though I really just want to go on leave right now, I can surely survive that. Now, though, I'm going to go to bed in the hope that I can make it to the office tomorrow. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can see you doing this waiting in the line at the Hyderabad airport:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22219861/

-tz