Wednesday, June 25, 2008

sorry i'm not home right now, i'm walking into spiderwebs

There are so many bad movies coming out, and I have no one to see them with! You would think this is just because I am with my family and dozens of miles from the nearest multiplex -- but in truth, I scared off almost all of my movie-going friends years ago, and the few who were still willing to see movies with me after 'King Arthur' have mostly moved away from the Bay Area. But, if 'Wanted' (the new James McAvoy/Angelina Jolie assassin movie) is still out when I'm back in California and you have a secret, shameful desire to see it, let me know. We'll meet at the theatre wearing dark sunglasses, buy tickets for something like 'Mongol' (actually, I really wanna see that too), and then sneak into 'Wanted' instead.

I didn't accomplish all that much today. I woke up in time for a call with Gyre, which was a good way to catch up on what's going on in the office -- and two weeks from now, I can do my reconnaissance in person! I also visited my grandmother this afternoon, which qualifies as my good deed for the week. I was there long enough that she started to ask me all the same questions again, which made me sad; I'm already not exactly a fan of going to her house because I wish that Granddad was there (even though he died seven years ago), and it's harder now that Gram is getting forgetful. But, I'm glad that I went to see her anyway. Then I came home, chatted with my parents for awhile, and took care of some of my to-do list (including making an appointment for an allergy skin test when I get back to California; my triple-drug cocktail isn't completely controlling my allergies, and I'm curious to know just how many things I'm allergic to). We had a lovely Midwestern supper (roast beef, potatoes, carrots, and gravy), and then I chatted with Laura briefly before getting back to my to-do list.

Tomorrow I should really start packing in earnest so that I don't leave it all for the weekend, but you know me -- if procrastination were an Olympic sport, I would be there. Although by definition, world-class procrastinators wouldn't be able to compete in the Olympics because they would miss the deadline to qualify. Oh, well, I'll just have to live my Olympic dreams vicariously through Shawn Johnson, America's gymnastics darling and a proud Iowan. Goodnight!

No comments: