Sunday, July 17, 2011

spandau ballet

Chandlord and I are still alive, no thanks to alcohol and German youth hostels. We had an utterly fabulous time at the wedding, and may be some of the best wedding crashers ever - after three days at the castle, we were fast friends with scores of guests, picked up a hitchhiker to bring to Munich with us, and had clearly partied hard enough to fuel five weddings.

I can't do justice to the experience, since I'm typing on my iPad while sitting on an uncomfortable bench in a German youth hostel - we booked it from the car this afternoon while driving to Munich, but upon arrival it became clear that it was going to live up to my horrid hostel experiences rather than Vidya's decent ones. I promptly rebelled, so we are switching to a hotel tomorrow, but needless to say we spent no time here tonight. Instead, we went to a biergarten with our hitchhiker, where we watched most of the womens world cup final amongst a crowd that was split pretty well between Americans and Japanese. I'm having some stomach issues that are threatening to derail me, but as they manifest themselves most when I eat, perhaps I will just treat them by not eating tomorrow. Yay.

Sssanyway, Germany is awesome, the wedding was amazing, and I will post pics and more stories when I have time. For tonight, though, you'll just have to be satisfied with knowing that I'm alive and, therefore, that this blog and all its drively glory will continue in the future. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh good! blog ensures safety. enjoy germany without me. rest assured chad and bill were still marvelling over your plankton joke as late as 11pm tonight.
cheers,
ritu