Tuesday, July 12, 2011

we could have had it all

I had a moderately productive day - it would help if I knew where to do things in the city so that I didn't feel compelled to go to the glorious south bay to run my errands, but as I didn't have time to figure out where to do everything I needed to do in the city, I drove down anyway. Even though I didn't get out of bed until ten, I still managed to drop off dry cleaning, eat at Chipotle, get my oil changes, get gas, get an international drivers permit from AAA, get an iPad (finally my dream has come true, which means that it's much more likely that I'll blog from Germany if I can find Internet access), get a more comfortable pair of walking around shoes, and stock up on leggings at the Nordstrom sale. Yay to all of that, right?

I must say that I'm in love with the iPad - I do think that I'll get a lot of use out of it with my writing, and it's going to be super handy with my freelance editing business. I've been salivating over it for a year, and occasionally tried to buy it in the store, but they were always out. Today, though, the Palo Alto store had the exact model I wanted, so I snapped it up. I may love pens and ink and cute japanese stationery, but I'm also a technophile, and I'm kind of surprised that I managed to hold out this long.

I got home around five, just managing to beat traffic, and cleaned the kitchen like a good girl before letting myself play with the iPad. When Terry got home, I was in my pajamas, but I uncharacteristically managed to rally and go out for an 8:30pm dinner with Vidya, Julie and Rat. If you know me at all, you know I usually don't rally once the pajamas are on, so I was quite proud of myself. It was totally lovely to see them, even if Julie, Rat and I subjected Vidya to too much reminiscing about our days in Loro. We finally parted ways around 10:30, and now I really need to sleep - my to do list tomorrow is ridiculous and I need all the sleep I can get. Goodnight!

No comments: