Thursday, July 07, 2011

zee germans

I slacked off today; it felt good to slack off in my own house, even if my bedroom isn't unpacked to the point that it totally feels like home. I woke up sometime around eleven and discovered that I was on the verge of getting a sunburn; I'd left the blinds open last night so that the open windows could promote a nice crossbreeze, and when the sun tried to wake me up this morning, I opted to put my eyemask on rather than close the blinds. In my sleeping haze, I forgot that the rest of my skin would still be exposed, and the mask plunged me back into enough darkness that I slept for another three hours as the rising sun traversed my body. Oops. Luckily, I didn't actually burn, and this is an interesting (albeit unsafe) way to get a deeper tan this summer, I suppose.

After I dragged myself into the shower, I realized that I was starving, and I had no food in the house. So, I walked down to La Boulange and had a sandwich while working on my young adult series; I spent the lunch hour plus another hour afterward analyzing the book that I read yesterday, continuing to brainstorm ideas, and dipping just a toe back into Ellie and Nick's story (which I intend to squeeze in a few pages of tomorrow). Sometime around two p.m., Terry arrived; she was in LA for the week and just returned today, so we were reunited after almost two weeks apart. We spent some quality time this afternoon catching up before I retreated to my room to take care of various tings, and then we went to the grocery store to stock up on food. She went to yoga while I did some desultory unpacking (which mostly involved shifting things around), and when she came home, she made me dinner (isn't that lovely?) before watching two episodes of "Covert Affairs".

And now, sadly, I realized that I need to go to bed immediately - I have to drive down to the glorious south bay to train with Alyssa and then take care of all sorts of annoying errands, so I should get some sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: