Monday, February 27, 2006

i can't see the thief that lives inside of your head

I slept in today, because this was the only morning this week in which I neglected to get scheduled for a seven a.m. conference call. Ugh. Anyway, I spent the day at the office, periodically expressing dismay at the cascading sheets of rain hitting my window, and drinking too much coffee to comfort myself during a particularly dreary California day. I left the office around six to have dinner with Can Sar, which was tasty, and then I came home to do a bit of work in preparation for my conference calls tomorrow.

So, all of my grand plans to reconnect with my friends, formed in the face of the overwhelming proofs of mortality that I've witnessed recently, are running into huge barriers due to my rapidly-increasing workload. But, those barriers don't compare to the huge time-drain that was the Olympics, so maybe things will even out. Tomorrow may be brutal (conference calls from 7-11am, and newly scheduled meetings from 7:30-9pm as well), but at least I won't stay up until five watching repeated Olympics coverage. Perhaps there is hope for me after all. But, it's very hard to self-motivate when the weather is raging outside, and when all I want to do is see a few friends before locking myself away in a room to figure out what to do with the rest of my life. Life is apparently too short to psend inactive, as much as I love to sit and do nothing. I'm hoping that something in Ireland (preferably a leprechaun) will come out and hit me over the head with my destiny, but given that it hasn't happened yet, maybe I'm supposed to take things into my own hands. Now, though, it's time for bed!

No comments: