Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I HATE CNN

I never should have opened up cnn.com. I've been reading CNN instead of my usual New York Times online because nytimes has a nasty habit of showing pictures of gold medal winners for the day's events well before they've been televised in America, but CNN has typically kept all Olympic-related content off the main page. So today I open the page, and they broke with tradition by giving the results of the men's 1500m speed skating race on the front page. Grrr. I've been looking forward to that race for days! It features, as you may know, Shani Davis, Chad Hedrick, Joey Cheek, and Derek Parra, and has been hyped incessantly by NBC (almost as hyped as that stupid-looking show 'Conviction', which I will never ever watch). Now my day is ruined. And I'm compounding the sin of reading the news at work by blogging about it from work--but if I'm fired for it, so be it, I'm too angry to care.

And if I get fired, I could then watch Olympics coverage live, which would solve the whole problem. Awesome! Now, back to work, and maybe my rage will sustain me through several hours of painful work on Excel spreadsheets...

No comments: