Tuesday, January 30, 2007

african war zone! ship of death!

Yes, I watched 'Sahara' again tonight. No, I'm not obsessed. Yes, I'm lying.

Anyway, I didn't really pay close attention; I put it in partially because I know it pretty well, and so could work with it in the background and not be completely distracted. I did watch the scene where Dirk and Al break away from the pickup and then end up sailing a bi-plane across the desert twice, but the rest of it just sort of slid across my subconscious.

Speaking of things sliding across my subconscious, I got home about twenty minutes before the two 'Scrubs' episodes that play every night on Comedy Central, and I was looking for something to watch while making supper. My choices were the news (blech), Emeril (double blech), or one of the free movies on Comcast OnDemand--and I discovered that they were playing 'Zardoz' (triple blech...and yet, strangely appealing). So I turned it on and was reminded of how trippy and awful it was; the intro features a disembodied head with a mustache and beard that was clearly drawn on with a magic marker, floating around and discussing how awesome and entertaining he is. Segue to Sean Connery in a red diaper and a copious amount of chest hair, running around killing people. I didn't really watch, since I was busy in the kitchen making potato soup, but I flipped to Scrubs when Sean Connery licked some dude's arm. Mmm.

So I ended up taking a break from 6-9, then working from 9-12:30, and now I'm going to bed. I had meetings all day today, which is why I didn't get anything done at work; tomorrow is sort of a rinse-and-repeat of today. Yippee skippee. Now, it's time for bed!

No comments: