Wednesday, January 24, 2007

nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky

I have nothing of interest to report tonight. I went to work, was mildly productive, came home, did some laundry (oh-so-industrious of me, I know), opened a bottle of wine (which I wasn't a fan of, and so only drank half a glass), and reread 'The Masqueraders', which is one of my favorite Georgette Heyer novels. I love it; it's about the (mis)adventures of a brother-and-sister pair who are masquerading as the opposite sex to throw off a possible investigation into the brother's role in the Jacobite uprising, while their father runs a series of crazy schemes to clear their names. High jinks ensue, of course, and both of them find their true loves and must find a way to win their hearts without ruining everything. Yes, this all sounds ridiculous, but Heyer's use of dialogue and description is unparalleled, and so it ends up being hysterically funny and touching instead.

Now, I think it's time to go to bed; I need to come home tomorrow night and write if I'm going to fulfill my promise to write instead of taking a class, which means that I need to be productive at work tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: