Friday, June 22, 2007

always the al-smaid, never the al

I overslept until almost nine, which gave me six hours of sleep last night, which I suppose was okay. I took the time to shave my legs this morning (I know, you needed to know that), so I was able to wear this cute white skirt that I bought a couple of months ago but hadn't worn yet, with a black top and my shiny bright-red heels. The shoes drew a lot of compliments; while my family may know me as a shoe-collecting fiend, my tastes run toward flipflops (which explains why I have about twenty pairs that qualify as flipflops, in a variety of colors and styles), which doesn't really mesh with the more well-heeled (ha!) crowd of young women at my office.

I had meetings pretty much all day, including a meeting with my new manager, which went well. I thrive in situations where I feel that I have to prove myself against overwhelming odds, and my new job qualifies, so that's good. I may be bored again in a month, but right now I'm too busy to get in touch w/my feelings. After spending all day in meetings, I met Kim at Fiesta del Mar for a nice, leisurely dinner; she switched to a different department after coming back from Michigan, but we're trying to have dinner occasionally to stay caught up with each other.

When I got home, I relaxed by watching some 'Scrubs', and then I got back to work. I actually put 'Sahara' in again (sad, I know) - last night I was concentrating so much that I don't really remember seeing any of it, but tonight I actually caught a few of my favorite lines. I intend to force Vidya to watch it sometime soon - she doesn't realize it, but she's about to fall in love with Matthew McConaughey. Yay.

The movie ended in time for me to watch Craig Ferguson, which was nice, although I was sending out emails and so wasn't paying full attention. Now it's almost two a.m., and I should really go to bed - one more day, and it's time for the weekend! Goodnight!

p.s. Michael, the first year out of college pretty much sucks for everyone. Not that you want advice from me, but it's true.

3 comments:

~Wamp said...

Why do you think it sucks? Maybe because I wake up in a strange hotel at 5:45am and roll over to the spare bed where my laptop is just so I can play "Umbrella" as the first thing I hear in the morning? I blame you for this…

Anonymous said...

where are jou, swampy???

Not Applicable said...

i love that dlisted calls him mcconaugay. (probably not true though; he's not pretty enough and looks like he does not use soap. do you appreciate how judgemental i am?)