Monday, June 25, 2007

it's bittersweet to hear you laugh

I had a thoroughly mundane weekend, except for the fact that I saw Felicia and Eddie - I only see Felicia ~once per year, and I hadn't seen Eddie in ages, possibly not since I was living with Walter in that hovel in Mountain View, and that seems like a lifetime ago. Felicia and Eddie are in town for an intensive dance camp at Stanford; after only a day, they seemed rather exhausted, so I will be interested to hear how it goes for them. They spent the night with me on Friday because they couldn't find the key for the house that they were supposed to stay in, but they moved out yesterday (after an early dinner of sushi at Sushi Tomo, which is near Fuki Sushi but approximately half as expensive).

But other than the couple of hours I spent catching up with Felicia and Eddie, the rest of the weekend was positively dull - which was somehow just what I needed. I read a romance novel Friday night while Felicia and Eddie were dancing, and I had a glass of wine in one of the absurdly expensive, absurdly heavy Waterford crystal wine glasses that arrived on my doorstep last week - I had ordered wine and champagne glasses when I was in Dublin in April, and they finally arrived. Seriously, drinking wine out of one of those glasses feels like I'm drinking wine out of a chalice, and I could see myself becoming an alcoholic solely for the decadent feeling of drinking wine from those glasses. Then again, if I become an alcoholic, I will eventually lose everything and end up drinking cheap gin out of a paper bag, which wouldn't be nearly so decadent, so perhaps I shall avoid that fate.

Yesterday, I slept in, went to the office briefly, got a facial, came home and did a quick cleanup of my kitchen, had dinner w/my houseguests, and tried working on my romance novel (but only succeeded in typing up the pages that I had written out on paper over the past few weeks). Today, I slept in, made myself some tasty eggs over easy, sat around, talked to my parents for three hours, and did about four hours worth of work. This week is going to be rather hellish, I think, but I've made plans several nights this week (which somehow simultaneously makes it more and less hellish...less because I will have more fun, more because I will have less time to complete things and so will probably have to stay up too late). Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Professor Howdy said...




Very good work!
Congratulations...



Anonymous said...

Hey wanted to tell you the news.. Oldest niece no longer has metal in her mounth!!! She hasnt stopped smiling yet. In fact I think she was even doing when she went to bed.lol Have a good week!