Monday, June 18, 2007

in which our heroine nearly leads her party to folly and almost certain death, before eating an unearned reward of chicken-fried steak

For those of you who have emailed, wondering whether I was still alive, I appreciate your concern. I most appreciate Tammy's reminder to pull the fluorescent handle if I'm stuck in a trunk someplace. However, I was not stuck in a trunk, unless a trunk can serve as a metaphor for the crushing load of work under which I was laboring last week. Then, I left Friday night for Ojai, the site of Lisa's wedding, and I just got back fifteen minutes ago.

There are many stories to tell, particularly of the awesome car-ride back, but I'm exhausted and have to be at work in eight hours. Suffice it to say that the vast stretches of 101 between here and Santa Barbara provide for endless amusement, particularly when set to the soundtrack of my own rather dubious musical selections. For now, though, it's time for bed - and I shall endeavor not to leave you hanging for so long again. I think this is the longest I've gone without blogging since around the time that I left for India, which is clearly inexcusable. Many apologies - and now, off to bed!

No comments: