Wednesday, May 04, 2011

falling to pieces

I need to go to bed immediately; it's only a bit after eleven, but I need to be up, showered, and out the door around seven a.m. so that I can drive to Oklahoma for my brother's graduation. My life is so glamorous. Today was a decent, albeit slightly depressing, final day in Iowa. I was rolled out of bed around eleven to have lunch with my parents in Millerton, which is a little town north of us. The clientele had an average age of around 70 and a profusion of trucker caps and plaid shirts, but the food was really good, and it was nice to spend a bit of quality time with my parents before I leave. My father's been quite busy with work this week, so I haven't seen much of him while I've been home, and it was good to go out for lunch.

After lunch, though, we parted ways again. I went into town to wash my car, and promptly got it dusty again by driving on gravel. Then, I went to see my grandmother, which was the slightly depressing part of the afternoon. After doing my duty, I came home and spent the rest of the afternoon/evening taking care of various tings that I needed to do, eating supper with my parents, and watching a bit of "Criminal Minds".

And now, I suppose I should go to bed. I'm getting a little antsy because Ellie and Nick are sitting in complete limbo and I haven't written a word in two weeks; but, I expected this hiatus, so I'm not panicking. I will just need to buckle down when I get back to California - if you're one of my California friends, don't be surprised if I go into hermit mode when I get back. Goodnight!

No comments: