Wednesday, May 25, 2011

this is not the end, this is not the beginning

I had a lovely day, and mostly managed to keep myself from obsessing over whether my book is going to sell. Okay, that second part isn't entirely true. But, I at least didn't let the obsessing keep me from getting stuff done, which is the main thing, right?

I did lay around in bed longer than I should have, but it really didn't matter; I still got up in time to eat breakfast, catch up on publishing news, shower, and make it to my old place of employment for lunch with Chandlord, John, Jess and Katrina. We had a lovely hour of discussing a variety of ridiculous tings, including magic shows, rock concerts, and "final" unions that I thought implied grisly ritualized murder/suicide but that Jess meant as marriage. My abiding fear of commitment clearly took me down the wrong road on that one. Anyway, after lunch, I left campus, came home, made some tea, and then went to Stanford library, where I worked on zee romance novel for a couple of hours. It's still slow going, but I wrote 1300 words (about five pages), so I'll take it.

I had to leave the library, though, so that I could make it back to the general vicinity of campus in time for a 5:30pm dinner with the Heathers at Fiesta del Mar. Due to some scheduling mishaps, it turned into a 6:15pm dinner with the Heathers and their boys (dear respected madam + Salim, and the other Heather + her fiance Eric). Luckily, Heather S. (the non-dear-respected-madam one) showed up just after I did, so she and I caught up over way too many chips while waiting for everyone else. The five of us ended up staying there until 8:30pm, which is perhaps a bit excessive, but it was super entertaining (even if my tendency to get myself into the weirdest situations ever was addressed, with details, in ways that Eric perhaps wasn't ready for, since this was only the second time I've hung out with him).

And now, I should probably go to sleep; Alyssa moved me to nine a.m. tomorrow instead of my usual ten a.m. slot (that bitch), so I have to get up a whole hour earlier. My life is so rough. Goodnight!

No comments: