Sunday, May 29, 2011

we're an american band

I'm not in my own house - I'm indulging in a sleepover at Heather and Salim's house. Today was quite lovely and friend-filled; I woke up and hung out with Terry, then spent some quality time with my laptop while she went to the gym. After she got back, we went to Sprout, where we continued to catch up over some delicious salads. Then, we went back to my place, where she worked on school stuff and I packed/read until it was time for her to go out for dinner with her parents and me to go down to San Jose to Heather and Salim's.

When I got here, Heather and I promptly discussed books for quite some time. I brought over a whole ton of books to loan to her, so we talked about them and a variety of other tings while Salim made dinner. He started us with a sweet potato bisque, and then he made stuffed pork chops with some roasted potatoes and apples. It was all utterly delicious, particularly since I didn't have to cook any of it. While we ate, we watched "Anchorman" on tv, and then I conned them into watching "Sahara". I couldn't believe that they actually fell for it, but they did, and Salim and I watched the entire thing. Heather went to bed at some point, although I'm pretty sure that she just went upstairs to read one of the books I gave her rather than continuing to watch "Sahara".

And now, Salim and I are watching some '80s teen vampire movie, but I'm pretty sure I need to go to bed and not get sucked into anything else. Goodnight!

No comments: