Tuesday, May 03, 2011

there will be no dawn for men

Last night, I intended to be a good girl, go to bed, and catch up on my sleep before embarking on the next phase of my trip in a few days. However, I inadvertently stayed up until five a.m. reading a lot of unnecessary information about the royal wedding and keeping up on developments with the bin Laden story (a strange mix, obviously). So, although I slept until after noon, I only got seven hours of sleep, and my apparent late awakening was actually not such a feat. I woke up starving, so went upstairs promptly and had a bologna sandwich (which I doubt Alyssa would approve of, if she even knows what bologna is -- she certainly doesn't approve of Miracle Whip, which she had never heard of but suspected of being a processed food). And, I spent some quality time repacking my car; I needed to bring in clothes to wear here and make sure that the clothes that I don't want to get smoky (mostly my dry-clean only sweaters and tings that I wanted for Denver and Stillwater) stayed in the car. So, I repacked my suitcases in the driveway, with a crisp, lovely spring breeze blowing through my hair and not a single raccoon or coyote or mountain lion in sight.

After my chores were done, I spent a couple of hours talking to my mom. I eventually came downstairs and dressed for dinner -- not in the Regency sense of changing into formal evening wear, but in my usual sense of making sure that I wear something other than pajamas for at least an hour or two every day. My mother made an awesome (and again, not Alyssa-approved) supper of tenderloins and potato salad, and it was nice to spend time with my parents before they both fell asleep while watching "Hawaii 5-O". Then, I came downstairs, did some procrastinating, took care of a couple of things, but generally avoiding doing much of anything.

That should change tomorrow, though; I need to catch up on romance email and take care of some stuff related to the online groups I'm part of. But for now, I really, truly am going to bed -- goodnight!

No comments: