Wednesday, July 04, 2012

now you're just somebody that i used to know

Sorry about last night's blog post; it got eaten by blogger, a fact that I didn't know until Terry sent me an email this afternoon asking if I was alive. Ha. Yes, I am alive, albeit exhausted and so deeply entrenched into my writing world that I'm not sure I can come out for the activities I'm supposed to do tomorrow.

First things first, though. I woke up this morning and took care of some tings before heading down to Palo Alto to train with Alyssa (you may remember her) -- I'm not sure what to do about my fitness regimen, exactly, since I don't want to continue paying for personal training but also haven't figure out other things I like to do that are closer to home. And I desperately needed some stretching exercises, since my neck is better but still touchy, so she helped a bit with that. After working out with her, I did some treadmill while reading a book, then showered, then had a late lunch at a cafe before heading to Stanford library. Unfortunately, the library closed at five today, and so I only had a couple of hours to work there, but I got a lot done and am really happy with how the beginning of the book is coming together.

After getting unceremoniously booted from the library, I came home, and I had some revelations on the drive. I procrastinated for quite awhile when I got home, but when I eventually sat down to write again, I poured out a whole bunch of notes that may have solved the remaining lingering problems with the book - so that was a relief. So much of a relief that I took the rest of the night off and finished the book I was reading at the gym. But now I must sleep so that I can write all those lovely ideas in the morning - goodnight!

No comments: