Sunday, March 31, 2013

where it's at

I'm so sad that vacation is almost over :( Of course, I don't get to go home - I'm flying to Vegas for work tomorrow, so my liver doesn't get a break. But today was lovely...we woke up and power, which was v satisfying. Even more satisfying was that I had earplugs, so I was able to sleep through the five hundred roosters crowing outside that woke everyone else up. Heh.

We tried to get dressed up and have brunch at the W, but it turns out they don't do brunch. Heathens. So Bill and I got six dollar lattes and we adjourned to Esperanza,via a road lined with trees that seemed to be wearing human skin. We had lunch at Bili's in Esperanza, where I had two pina coladas and we discussed politics (heh).

The rest of the group wanted to go to the beach, but I wanted to read/write and didn't want to sit in the rain like I did yesterday, so instead I had three drinks and read for a couple of hours while they went to the beach. Then we went home, changed, and went back into Esperanza to meet the tour guide for our nighttime kayaking festivity.

The kayaking was in a "bio bay", which could only be accessed via a narrow one lane dirt road that had been turned into a series of small lakes by all the rain. Surprisingly the twenty person van made it there and back again, without even an assist from Gandalf or some eagles (I'm such a dork). The bio bay was amazing - it's filled with bioluminescent microorganisms that glow when touched by a paddle or your fingers. The Spanish apparently called it the devil's bay, since the effect is so eerie. Paddling around was awesome and the glowing water was so cool. After that finished, we had supper in Esperanza, then came home and played cards until now. And now it's Ritu's birthday!! Sadly we're leaving on her birthday, before the sun ever reemerges from the clouds - stupid. Goodnight!

No comments: