Friday, September 11, 2026

victim of luck

Happy birthday to me! I had an excellent day, thanks for asking - I took it off from work, and I spent the morning puttering around and doing some tings that have been lingering on my to do list for a long time. Thus accomplished, I showered, ate some peanut butter, and drove to Des Moines. 

My destination was the Lexus dealership, where I test drove a couple of cars - zee Audi is still going strong, but it's eight years old, and it's hitting the age and mileage for increasingly expensive repairs (and I'm also starting to hanker for something new). So I drove a couple of options, which were both great, and also both different enough that I need to sleep on it before deciding. 

To do the sleeping, I decided to stay in Des Moines - I was in the mood for a nice evening out, so I checked into a hotel, and then had a long and delicious meal (including one of the best pork chops I've ever had, and a flourless chocolate cake because why not). The bartenders were entertaining, I did some good journaling, and the bar was empty enough that I didn't feel too rude texting various people and talking to Chandlord when she called. 

But now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: