I had a lovely day in the city of sin, but I'm deeply ready to go to bed. I took a waymo to work, had a couple of meetings, grabbed coffee with Timothy, had some more meetings, and then had a meeting/lunch with an external vendor. They took the finance team (and me) to Restoration Hardware for lunch, which was quite entertaining - I do not know why a furniture store has gotten into the restaurant business, but since they did, we might as well enjoy their overpriced (but perfectly cooked) entrees in their marble-encased Palm Court.
After lunch all I really wanted was a nap, but I had several more meetings. When I was done, I took a waymo out to Ocean Beach - this took longer than a human would have taken since it's so cautious and follows all speed limits, but I also felt fine dozing off on a way that I do not feel safe with a random human driver, so this was an intentional trade-off. I was early to dinner, so I spent an enjoyable fifteen minutes sitting outside in the sun....
... And then I met up with Anne, Grace, Barbara, and Veronica at Beach Chalet for dinner. We were way overdue to catch up, so we spent a lot of quality time talking about work and life. It was wonderful to see them, even if seeing writer friends makes me wistful about my career choices (although Restoration Hardware gives me other reasons to feel fine about those choices).
But now I desperately need to sleep - goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment