Friday, March 18, 2005

we'll float on, good news is on the way

I slept until noon today, which was absolutely wonderful. My mother made me kraft mac and cheese and hot dogs for lunch, which is a great meal for watching the first day of the ncaa tournament. I watched basketball the rest of the afternoon, had a nice long chat with Emily on the phone, and then had dinner (roast beef and potatoes, very midwestern). I followed dinner with more basketball, watched the news, and then surfed the net for awhile before writing in my blog. All in all, a v. unproductive day...I'm glad that I'm in a period of enforced idleness, since I can't clean my room or do work or run errands or anything else while I'm here.

I'm sad that I'm not going to Coachella this year, but that's the way things go; the main acts are Coldplay and Nine Inch Nails, and I'm not a fan of either (and have already seen Coldplay in concert, in a live show that I found to be one of the least enjoyable of my entire life, although I had fun with the group I went with, right up until the point when Adit started elbowing his way through the crowd and ran away with all our stuff, and we had to tackle him with a blanket to prevent open mob warfare from trying to kill him...but that was years ago, and we're all so much more mature now). And anyway, I had such a great time last year that it's hard to believe that this year would be better, unless the bands were equally/more enjoyable; also, since we learned from last time, we wouldn't have fun dying in the sun or relaxing in the freezer section of a supermarket, and that means we'd have more conventional, more boring fun instead.

But, I may try to go to Vegas in April, and I have a multitude of fun, entertaining plans in the works to make the next month or so the best month ever. More details later--but if you're excited about beach barbecues, screenings of terrible movies, Loro special dinner, outlet shopping, tequila, the long-awaited housewarming party, a tea party, or even just some good ol' VH1, let me know and I'll keep you informed. I haven't gone on a spurt of planning a whole bunch of activities in a long time, and it's time to immerse myself in the social whirl. Oh, and maybe I'll write my romance novel too. But that's a topic for another day.

No comments: