Wednesday, March 15, 2006

uggs and eyeshadow can't solve everything

I'm a tired camper, and it's only going to get worse before it gets better. I was at work from 9-7:30 today, met Claude and Terry at a cafe (where I did some more work over a sandwich and a lemon tart), then came home and worked for another 2.5 hours while watching 'Eurotrip'. Tomorrow it's more of the same, except I have to go to some stupid roller-skating activity at work. Ugh. If there's anything I hate more than meaningless group bonding, it's meaningless group bonding whilst roller-skating.

I may not skate, though, given my insurance woes--if there's anything I would hate worse than the aforementioned things, it would be having to pay the entire cost of setting my broken arm. However, a broken arm could be pretty hot--I could request magenta plaster to match my awesome new magenta Uggs. I broke down and ordered them from zappos.com last week; my old knock-off Uggs, which I actually got in Australia about seven years ago, are falling apart. I tried on some Uggs at Nordstrom to get the right fit, but they didn't have any colors that I liked--and while I should have ordered the more subdued 'sand' Uggs, I decided to go with shocking pink instead. I am so satisfied, too; I wore them last night, and had vowed not to wear them to work, but my willpower failed me, and so I paired them with a pink sweater and jeans today. I didn't have any important meetings, so it didn't matter, and my feet are nice and cosy.

Also, I finally got the eyeshadows that I had ordered a few weeks ago; they mysteriously spent over a week in a Fedex warehouse in New Jersey, but they finally make the trip across country, and now they are lovingly stored in my bathroom. They're these awesome cream eyeshadows that go on really smooth and then turn to powder, so I'm quite excited.

Despite my recent string of internet purchases (I have a camera case in the mail to my parents', two memory cards and a Great Britain travel guide from Amazon, and a cute sweatshirt from the company that runs my corporation's souvenir store), nothing can make up for the fact that I'm not going to get enough sleep for the next few days. But now that I've satisfied my parents' demands for frequent blog entries, I can go to bed!

No comments: