Tuesday, April 08, 2008

infinitely infantile...but ultimately worth each and every while

CBS should realize that 'Secret Talents of the Stars' has been poorly conceived and marketed, given that my mother actually chose not to watch the series premiere, and instead watched PBS. Getting my parents to change the channel for anything other than the Olympics, the Super Bowl, or Iowa State basketball (since March Madness and the Masters are conveniently broadcast on CBS) is nearly impossible, so this is the sign of a truly abysmal show.

I was pretty unproductive today (or, as my favorite author, Robin McKinley, sometimes describes herself on her blog, I was a 'lazy slut'). I didn't set an alarm because I thought that I would wake up naturally and get out of bed, rather than hitting snooze for an hour like I normally do. But, I awoke naturally at 12:15pm, which was later than I would have gotten out of bed if I'd set the alarm for 10am and hit snooze for awhile. Boo.

But, the officers for secret society came over and we practiced initiation; I'm not an officer, but my mother asked me to be the prompter. Luckily, we stopped sacrificing live animals back during the Great Depression, when the by-laws were amended to recognize that people would rather eat the animals than slaughter them in an ancient ritual. After the practice, I got all sorts of good dirt about what's going on in the area, but I won't divulge it here -- Katie, you'll have to call me back if you're curious.

We had steak tonight for dinner, with mashed potatoes and gravy, and so all in all it was a great day, if you ignore the fact that I didn't write. I'm going to get up early tomorrow and go to Indianola to write. I will also have the sandwich with guacamole and sprouts, and when my lips blister and my tongue swells, I will tell myself it is just a one-off and not continued proof that I'm likely allergic to avocados. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im pretty sure that this secret society has something to do with corn furniture making...