Friday, April 25, 2008

pictures from iowa, pt. 1















The gravel road outside my house; I took this when I first got home, when the muds were the worst, but they've been pretty soft the last few days as well.
















Ignore the fact that my parents haven't had time/dry weather to landscape the area behind the new house yet, and focus on the fact that I can see half a dozen deer (of the 20-30 who were routinely hanging out in the field) from my bedroom window.















My bedroom -- notice the combo teenager / India / college student aesthetic I have going, with the twin bed, the mirror-work bedspread and Indian carpet, and the college-style papasan. Also, I didn't intend for the paint color to be quite this pink, but that's what I get for choosing paint based on its name (in this case, 'Bombay')...and now I really like it.















This is what happens when you try to fit childhood and adulthood in one closet; the right side contains shirts, purses, and twenty pairs of shoes; the left side contains boxes of Nancy Drew books, dress-up clothes, high school awards, dolls, hatboxes, sewing implements, my flute, etc. My favorite thing is the teddy bear in the middle, made out of my granddad's dress blues from his WWII Marines service.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

deardiary said...

that looks amazing, but for one thing...its not in G-ds country ;)

Anonymous said...

i see a popple! i always wanted one of those... you got a good one too.

Sara said...

Ziv: Iowa may be strange to you, but no one has ever said, "Is this Heaven?...No, it's Foster City". So I respectfully submit that your hometown may not be as awesome as you give it credit for.

Joann: I love my popple. I also had a popple piggy bank, but the stupid thing was that it was made of rigid plastic and wouldn't fold into a ball, which was the whole point of popples!