Wednesday, February 17, 2010

crazy in love

What am I crazy in love with? The Olympics, of course -- as though there can be any doubt. I failed to sleep last night, only falling asleep at six a.m., which changed my entire day. I slept until around eleven-thirty, they woke myself up and worked from home all afternoon. I should have gone down to the south bay so that I could go to class, but I was pretty sure that I would fall asleep in the car if I attempted to drive, so I skipped class and stayed home instead. So, I worked the afternoon away while watching women's and men's biathlon (supposedly bigger than the Super Bowl in Norway), and continued to work as the evening coverage started.

Adit came home around eight p.m., went to the gym, and then we went to North Beach for a late dinner. He was going out somewhere around there afterwards, so we had pizza and wine and for some reason spent twenty minutes or so talking about mortality, but it was good to hang out nonetheless. I then came home, and I'm continuing to work while catching up on tonight's coverage. I am loving loving loving the men's costumes for the skating short program -- even Evan Lycecek, who is relatively sedate in all black, still has black sequins, black plush shoulder pads, and black feathers on his hands, and he v. charmingly cried after doing his season-best performance. But now, I should really try to wrap this up so that I can get a few hours of sleep, since I have to make it to Mountain View tomorrow. Wish me luck, and enjoy the Olympics!

No comments: