Monday, February 01, 2010

blame it on the alcohol

I was not feeling completely up to snuff this morning; I woke up with more of a hangover than I deserved after having four or five glasses, and so I can't imagine how Adit and Jav were feeling. I spent the morning groggily trying to wake up, and then went over to Duboce Park Cafe to grab a sandwich. When I came home, Adit and I did a massive cleanup of the apartment, vacuuming, swiffering, scrubbing the bathroom, doing the dishes, etc., etc. Then I attempted to do some packing, but only succeeded in figuring out which clothes I'm going to take.

Sadly, I opened my laptop and realize that there were a million things I was supposed to do this weekend and I had someone convinced myself that none of it was that important. My delusions were precisely that, and so I slogged for a couple of hours while watching part of the Grammys. I will have to do some work tomorrow morning, but at least I'm a bit closer, and I might be able to get on the plane tomorrow without totally shirking my responsibilities between now and then.

I made it to the airport just in time to pick up my father, who flew in tonight from Des Moines in preparation for our epic journey. His bag was already there, and so we picked it up, drove back to the city, and stopped at Safeway to buy ice to go with the Diet Pepsi that I had already bought for him. Now we're sitting around the apartment, watching 'CSI:NY' while I blog. And, we're checked in for our flight tomorrow! In less than twenty-four hours, we'll be on the plane! I will blog before then, even if it's just something quick from my phone; until then, goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip!

Wayne, Mark Chelgren owner of Frog Legs, an after market wheel chsir accessory company in Ottumwa is challenging Kreiman. Sounds interseting. Slater