Tuesday, February 09, 2010

i love you just the way you are

My time in Hyderabad is rapidly drawing to a close. I spent almost the entire day in meetings, trying to squeeze in time with as many people as possible while I was in the same time zone with the people I used to work so closely with. In general, I was v. successful, although the result was that I was too exhausted to drag my father out into the heart of the city in search of something more interesting than dinner at the hotel. Instead, I came home from the office (with a stop at a shop to buy my dad some Diet Pepsi so that he could avoid paying the extortionate minibar prices for soda), laughed at the fact that my father was watching some terrible-looking movie that ended with Goldie Hawn and Mel Gibson almost getting eaten by tigers in a zoo, and then we went downstairs for dinner.

I managed to convey my earnest desire for murgh makhani (aka butter chicken), which they were able to make for me; my dad had steak, which I looked askance at but he claimed was pretty good. He told me all about his adventures today -- he went to Charminar and climbed up as far as they would let him go, affording him a good view of the city, and then he went to Salar Jung museum and lamented over the fact that they have some pretty cool stuff in a setting that is the opposite of a sterile, preservative environment. He took pictures, but Vidya and others will just have to wait for them; perhaps I'll post them tomorrow. But for now, I desperately need to sleep; my father fell asleep awhile ago, but I've worked for the two hours since the end of dinner, and it's time to crawl into bed. Goodnight!

No comments: