Monday, February 01, 2010

leaving on a jet plane

Can I really be that predictable in my song lyrics fortitles? Yes I can.

Dad and I are at the airport; we're checked in and are outside so that he can stock up on nicotine inhalation before our fourteen hour flight to Hong Kong. I must say that I'm looking forward to sleeping copious amounts on the plane...I didn't sleep as much as I should have, and then it was go go go all day to get ready.

I dragged Dad down to Mountain View, and he spent half an hour amusing himself by observing construction while I met with the one person I desperately needed to meet with. Then we had lunch with Vidius Chandicus, which was v. lovely as per usual. After lunch we went to Target, then drove back to the evil city, where I packed furiously and then sent a slew of work-related emails.

Adit got home around seven, and we intended to take Dad to Little Star, but I fortunately remembered that it's closed on Mondays before we walked over. Instead we went to Chow, where we spent an inordinate amount of time discussing pigs. Then we went home, brainstormed an idea for my writing career, and then Adit drove us to the airport. And now, I'm done typing this on my phone...Vidya and Adit, I will tag this when I have my laptop. Goodnight, everyone - the next time I blog, we'll be in Singapore!

2 comments:

f...... said...

safe travels. blog with photos, pls.

Anonymous said...

have an awesome trip- & hullo to your dad!
~ritu