Thursday, December 09, 2010

let's run away and don't ever look back

I'm going to take the unusual tactic of blogging an hour or two before actually going to bed -- so my parents will have to live with the uncertainty of whether I lived to see my pillow until tomorrow night's blog. My attempt to go to bed early last night didn't work particularly well, probably because I got up at ten and took an hourlong nap at five, but it may not have been helped by my excessive pre-bedtime laptop usage either. Not that excessive pre-bedtime laptop usage is uncommon, since it's the last thing I do before going to bed and has been every night for the past seven years, but it's probably not a healthy habit to have. So I'm going to blog, and then sign off and write in a notebook for awhile until it's time for bed. Yay.

Today was productive until about three p.m., when it all went sideways. I got up at 7:30 and did a bit of work on a freelance project until my training session with Alyssa at nine. Then I came home, procrastinated a bit, grabbed my laptop, and went to Cafe Borrone, where I did a couple of hours of freelance work while eating a leisurely lunch. I wrapped up what it was possible to do for them, so at least that's done. But, I failed to write my own stuff; instead, I came home, procrastinated, took a break from procrastination to watch last night's "Top Chef: All Stars" while eating some delicious Amy's enchiladas, and then procrastinated some more. Wikipedia is evil, is all I'm gonna say.

So yeah, that's all I've got. Apologies for being boring, but you get what you pay for. Tomorrow's another earlyish morning, but as I have to get up so that I can go to Santana Row for a massage, you shouldn't pity me. My massages should probably have died along with my last steady paycheck, but I'm locked into the membership for another few months, and I can't say I'm sad to have an excuse to continue. Then, I must write before having dinner with some friends, and I need to squeeze a trip to the gym in there somewhere too -- life is so rough. Goodnight!

No comments: