Friday, December 17, 2010

use your credit wisely, it is your own free will

Luckily, that Katy Perry song is temporarily out of my head. Unluckily, I have a commercial stuck in my head -- in particular, the song from a decade-old commercial for a debt counseling company, which is sung to the tune of "Jingle Bells." I don't mind most of their other commercials (particularly one in which the company owner tells a kid that if he has too many lollipops his teeth will rot out, just like overusing credit cards -- the kid is cute, making up for the fact that he's probably twenty by now since the commercial is ancient), but I've been seeing this Christmas commercial forever and know the song by heart. Ugh.

Nothing else happened today; it was a lazy first day in the heartland, and the fact that it's currently ten degrees might hint at why I wouldn't want to go outside. I woke up around noon, had some frosted flakes (breakfast of champions), took a brief nap, showered, and unpacked, since I hate the sight of overflowing suitcases marring the coziness of my room. By that time, it was five p.m., and so I had a snack, hung out upstairs with my parents, and eventually ate a delicious dinner (thin-sliced fried porkchops, mac and cheese, and fruit cocktail - v. midwestern and extremely tasty). I then spent the evening watching some fine CBS programming with my parents, including an episode of "CSI" in which Justin Bieber guest starred (ridiculous).

Sadly, I should go to bed -- I didn't actually go to bed when I claimed I was going to last night, as I lost myself in a long Wikipedia odyssey reading about the Knights Templar. I'm still contemplating ideas for my young adult romance, and while I'm not going to rip off the Knights Templar a la 'The Da Vinci Code', I do need to get a good feel for the politics and problems of the time period in which they existed, since that has a bearing on what will happen to the heroine in the present day. I'm not complaining, since there's nothing that I love more than staring at Wikipedia for hours. But I must get up earlier tomorrow since I'm having lunch with my mother's garden club, and so I can't laze about all day like I did today. So, I'm signing off now -- goodnight!

No comments: