Tuesday, March 08, 2011

some girls are sadistic, materialistic

I wasn't utterly productive today; I'm still not done entering edits into my computer, but since I'm at the point in the manuscript where I rewrote virtually every single page, my eyes needed a break. The manuscript is absolutely covered in green ink, mostly tiny marginalia with a lot of arrows and squiggles and lines crossing out other lines, etc., so it's quite hard to read.

But, I did work for several hours today -- first in the morning/early afternoon, and then in the later afternoon after my session at the gym. I also talked to my brother this afternoon, which is rare for us; he's v. busy with grad school and I'm v. lazy about calling people, which is usually a bad combination for us. But, it was good to catch up with him, since usually I just hear about him second-hand through our parents. After the phone call, I went to the gym and did my cardio as ordered by Alyssa, then ran a couple of errands, came home, and worked for another hour or two.

Happily, I got out of the house again for a bona fide social outing (crazy, I know). I met Chandlord in Cupertino for what was originally supposed to be Starbucks but instead became a drink at the Duke of Edinburgh pub. It was lovely to see her, since it had been far too long -- the last time I saw her was when she spent the night after watching 'Eurotrip', which was over two weeks ago, and that kind of time apart is almost criminal. Unfortunately, we had nothing to say to each other since all I do is edit and all she does is work, but we somehow got through the hour without falling asleep from boredom, so I suppose it was a success?

After drinks, I came home, making a stop at Baja Fresh for a v. un-Alyssa-approved burrito (but it was beyond tasty, and the idea of eating a salad made me want to stab myself in the face). Then, I got home and stared briefly at my manuscript before deciding to take the night off and read a book. I put the book down around midnight, and spent the last hour taking care of some correspondence -- mostly romance industry related, following up on that critique I did yesterday and also sending a couple of emails related to the awards ceremony for the romance conference in NYC this summer, since I'm part of the planning committee (although I haven't been super active yet).

And now, I should really go to sleep. I'm training with Alyssa tomorrow morning, and then I'm going to sit down and enter the last seventy pages of edits into my computer if it kills me. Goodnight!

No comments: